Friday, April 26, 2013

Wrapping It Up / Hibernation



Bummer.
I missed out on the fun this year as both a photographer and spectator, mostly because of an out-of-state trip and other scheduling problems.

I was a no-show at the first five whitewater races of the season in Maine (St. George, Passy, Souadabscook, Marsh Stream and yes, the Big K) and I hope this doesn't happen next year! The whitewater season doesn't seem to last long enough.



On the other hand, I did manage to renovate and update the canoe race website and I've received a lot of positive feedback, which was great. The addition of a presence in social media (Facebook and Twitter) seems to be going well.

On Facebook, for example, the Kenduskeag Stream Canoe Race page has surpassed 2,000 "likes"...and it's growing. Information, updates and photos are now shared quickly and effectively, judging by my stats. All very cool and there's more to come (hint: videos).



I wish everyone a safe and fun spring/summer. And if you are looking to participate in other exciting canoe and kayak races in Maine, do visit the website of the Maine Canoe & Kayak Racing Organization, where they keep a full listing of race throughout the 2013 season.

Hope to see you next year. Until then, keep your paddle in the water!

PS - Wait. There is one more thing. This.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 11:53:00 AM EST, Anonymous Katharine Bernard said...

I'll make sure that I check out your website, it's been a long time since I have my water adventure, this year I want to participate. I don't wanna miss all the fun :D

 
At Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 12:04:00 PM EST, Blogger M. Alden said...

Sounds great, Katharine! 142 days until the next race - it goes by quicker than we think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home