Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Springtime in Maine (UPDATED)

Rain, sleet & snow today. I couldn't be happier. People in town are giving me strange looks when I tell them how great it is that we're having this weather. We need all the water we can get for April 15th.

UPDATE 4/5/06: I went by Six Mile Falls today. The stream was noticeably higher than it was just a few days ago. The rain and snow seemed to help things a bit. Given a few more days like that, I would think that we'll be good to go!

If you were part of the Gumby race crew last year, you will find your smiling faces...well, not on the cover of the Rolling Stone, but at least in the pages of the April issue of Bangor Metro magazine. It's in stores now.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 4:26:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike:

Bruce Duffy here, from Nova Scotia. We--the Gonzos--are looking down into Maine with our breath held and hoping for bad weather also. We (presently 13) are coming down again this year for our 11th consecutive year and look forward to this weekend every year. I am taking a lot of 'heat' from the guys as my 'trail name' is The Sungod and I am being blamed for this. Hope to see you in 11 more sleeps.

 
At Tuesday, April 4, 2006 at 5:45:00 PM EDT, Blogger Michael Alden said...

Hi Sungod.....errr, Bruce!
Any chance you might change your trail name to something like TorrentialDownpourGod? We need all the help we can get. Not that weather forecasts can believed at all times, but we're supposedly in for 60% chance of rain tomorrow. After that it's a little dicey.
Good to hear that the Gonzos are planning to be back in Bangor, shaking things up!

 
At Friday, April 7, 2006 at 9:43:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank frigging god. I'm flying solo this year (my 10th) and haven't had a chance to scoot up there to scope the falls yet. How's the rest of the course look? (I'm thinking here about the top of the falls, and the Shopping cart). Still bony?

 
At Saturday, April 8, 2006 at 1:09:00 AM EDT, Blogger Michael Alden said...

I must say, things are looking better every other day. We've had a bit of rain today and the stream levels have improved since last week. BIG improvement since last month! No doubt about it.
Yep, still bony in some sections and water levels are not as high as last year, but I don't think the race will be cancelled. I think it's a go. And it will be fun.

 

<< Home